Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Wed June 19, 2013
Madisonville Hosts First Mahr Park Meeting
Madisonville citizens are weighing in on the planned development at the city’s Mahr Park through a series of public meetings.
Dozens of residents proposed several ideas this week for the 265-acre property on Peewee Lake.
Ideas ranged from kayak access on the lake to paved roads and cooperative extension offices.
The property was part of the Glema Mahr estate, and came with a $2 million donation to the city for the construction of public land.
Park Superintendent Chris Taylor contracted Lose Associates Landscapers to organize the meetings, to aid in developing a master plan.
Taylor says it could be a long time before the park is built.