Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed June 19, 2013
Madisonville Hosts First Mahr Park Meeting
Madisonville citizens are weighing in on the planned development at the city’s Mahr Park through a series of public meetings.
Dozens of residents proposed several ideas this week for the 265-acre property on Peewee Lake.
Ideas ranged from kayak access on the lake to paved roads and cooperative extension offices.
The property was part of the Glema Mahr estate, and came with a $2 million donation to the city for the construction of public land.
Park Superintendent Chris Taylor contracted Lose Associates Landscapers to organize the meetings, to aid in developing a master plan.
Taylor says it could be a long time before the park is built.