Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri December 7, 2012
Madisonville-Hopkins County Library Board Looks to Sell Buildings
The former downtown Madisonville-Hopkins County Library location may be up for sale soon. Library Board finance committee chair Bill Smith says the two buildings that housed the library have become financial burdens. The buildings were abandoned in 2009 because they are structurally unsound. Smith says repairs and renovations would cost more than 1 million dollars.
He says the community is ready for something positive to happen with the historic buildings, but the library board can’t afford it. A local realtor and the Downtown Turnaround Project are both interested in taking over the sites. The board meets with the downtown agency next week. Renovations are ongoing on another building to house the library.
Library Seeks Renovation Funds