Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Fri October 26, 2012
Madisonville Arrests Up 24 Percent from Last Year
Arrests in the city of Madisonville Kentucky are up 24 percent compared to last year. Police Chief Wade Williams credits increased patrols and the use of statistical analysis of crimes for the rise in arrests.
Police Chief Wade Williams says the analysis allows police to target high crime areas. He says,
“We input all of our data: all of crime locations, time, dates, the MOs, all of that in this database. And it will project the probability of where and what time and locations of certain frequent crimes.”
Williams also says they have increased traffic stops which have nearly doubled DUI arrests. He says another major focus has been drug trafficking. Williams says they have confiscated more than 146 thousand dollars worth of marijuana this year along with multiple other drugs.