Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Tue July 16, 2013
Madigan to seek re-election, not run for IL governor
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan says she'll seek another term instead of running for governor next year. Madigan says she's been considering the decision for months but she enjoys her current job. She says mulled the gubernatorial run because of the need for effective management.
However, she says one factor is in her decision is her father, House Speaker Michael Madigan. She says the state wouldn't be well-served with a governor and speaker from the same family.
Lisa Madigan hadn't given any hints about her decision, saying yesterday that she was still thinking it over. But over the months she's raised money and been vague on her plans, fueling talk that she would challenge Governor Pat Quinn next year.