Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Tue July 16, 2013
Madigan to seek re-election, not run for IL governor
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan says she'll seek another term instead of running for governor next year. Madigan says she's been considering the decision for months but she enjoys her current job. She says mulled the gubernatorial run because of the need for effective management.
However, she says one factor is in her decision is her father, House Speaker Michael Madigan. She says the state wouldn't be well-served with a governor and speaker from the same family.
Lisa Madigan hadn't given any hints about her decision, saying yesterday that she was still thinking it over. But over the months she's raised money and been vague on her plans, fueling talk that she would challenge Governor Pat Quinn next year.