Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Wed November 14, 2012
Lyon County to Vote on Alcohol Sales
Lyon County residents have an alcohol referendum scheduled for Jan. 15. Judge Executive Wade White says the petition to bring alcohol to the county began in May and was turned in Nov. 2 with around 650 signatures. Only 579 were required.
White says there may be restrictions on what could be sold within the county if the vote passes next year because there is no fourth class city in the county. The Alcoholic Beverage Control will hold a public forum for Lyon County residents in December but a specific date has not yet been set.