Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Wed November 14, 2012
Lyon County to Vote on Alcohol Sales
Lyon County residents have an alcohol referendum scheduled for Jan. 15. Judge Executive Wade White says the petition to bring alcohol to the county began in May and was turned in Nov. 2 with around 650 signatures. Only 579 were required.
White says there may be restrictions on what could be sold within the county if the vote passes next year because there is no fourth class city in the county. The Alcoholic Beverage Control will hold a public forum for Lyon County residents in December but a specific date has not yet been set.