Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Thu December 20, 2012
Lyon County Gets Grant to Clean Up Dump Sites
Lyon County is one of 26 Kentucky counties getting money to clean up illegal dump sites around the Commonwealth. The state’s Division of Waste Management is providing more than $2.1 million to the counties to clean up 172 illegal dumps. Lyon County Judge Executive Wade White says they’re using the money to clean up two sites.
“One’s a very large site in the city of Eddyville in an area that’s grown up. It’s been there for years and years. Then I found another one that’s on the property of Lyon County High School," said White.
White says the illegal dumps contain mostly trash and old appliances. He says the cleanup will start as soon as the paperwork is finished.