Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu May 7, 2009
Lynn, Trover deny allegations in suit
By Carrie Pond
Madisonville, KY – A Hopkins County Magistrate and the hospital where he was formerly employed are denying one sexual assault allegation. Wesley Lynn faces six such accusations. Lynn and Trover Health system say Lynn received permission from accuser Brenda Sharp to perform an EKG, a procedure that requires patients to bare their chest and stomachs. Sharp has filed a civil suit claiming he sexually assaulted her. The Madisonville Messenger reports in Sharp's complaint Lynn inappropriately touched her during the procedure, later returning to the room to expose himself and force her to touch him. Lynn denies Sharp's allegations. He says they are consistent with her history of reporting false incidents to police. Sharp was arrested ten years ago after falsely reporting her husband choked her. County grand juries have indicted Lynn twice on sex-related charges, including rape and sodomy. A pretrial conference is scheduled for June 8th.