Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri November 7, 2008
Lunsford Charges Dropped
By Angela Hatton
Benton, KY – A prosecutor says grand jurors in Marshall County have decided not to issue indictments after reviewing claims that Democratic Bruce Lunsford's Senate campaign tampered with a GOP digital recorder. Assistant Marshall County Attorney Jason Darnall says Sheriff Kevin Byars presented evidence to the 12 grand jurors in a brief meeting today. The tape recorder incident flared after the race's final debate between Republican U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell and Lunsford last week. A national Republican Senatorial Committee staffer filed a complaint claiming a recorder he placed on Lunsford's podium was taken and the contents were erased.