Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri November 7, 2008
Lunsford Charges Dropped
By Angela Hatton
Benton, KY – A prosecutor says grand jurors in Marshall County have decided not to issue indictments after reviewing claims that Democratic Bruce Lunsford's Senate campaign tampered with a GOP digital recorder. Assistant Marshall County Attorney Jason Darnall says Sheriff Kevin Byars presented evidence to the 12 grand jurors in a brief meeting today. The tape recorder incident flared after the race's final debate between Republican U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell and Lunsford last week. A national Republican Senatorial Committee staffer filed a complaint claiming a recorder he placed on Lunsford's podium was taken and the contents were erased.