Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri November 7, 2008
Lunsford Charges Dropped
By Angela Hatton
Benton, KY – A prosecutor says grand jurors in Marshall County have decided not to issue indictments after reviewing claims that Democratic Bruce Lunsford's Senate campaign tampered with a GOP digital recorder. Assistant Marshall County Attorney Jason Darnall says Sheriff Kevin Byars presented evidence to the 12 grand jurors in a brief meeting today. The tape recorder incident flared after the race's final debate between Republican U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell and Lunsford last week. A national Republican Senatorial Committee staffer filed a complaint claiming a recorder he placed on Lunsford's podium was taken and the contents were erased.