Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri June 22, 2012
Low Interest KHEAA Loan Available to Children of Kentucky Residents
Kentucky residents whose children's financial aid doesn't meet college expenses can apply for a state-based loan.
The Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority says the loan has a lower interest rate than federal PLUS loans, and a parent can use it to help pay for a student attending graduate or professional school. If the borrower begins paying the funds back while the student is in school, the interest rate is 7.25% with a 2% guarantee fee. If payment is postponed until after school is finished, the rate is 7.75% percent with a guarantee fee of 3%. There's also a 0.5% interest rate reduction for automatic debit payments.