Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Fri August 16, 2013
Louisville tea party leader endorses McConnell
A Louisville tea party leader has endorsed Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell for re-election next year. Marilyn Parker is a member of the Louisville metro council, and she says she has always supported McConnell and that she made today’s (Friday’s) formal public pronouncement to remove any doubts.
Parker’s endorsement is important to McConnell's re-election bid because he faces a challenge from tea party candidate Matt Bevin in the GOP primary. The eventual Republican nominee will likely face Democratic front-runner Alison Lundergan Grimes in the general election.