Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri August 16, 2013
Louisville tea party leader endorses McConnell
A Louisville tea party leader has endorsed Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell for re-election next year. Marilyn Parker is a member of the Louisville metro council, and she says she has always supported McConnell and that she made today’s (Friday’s) formal public pronouncement to remove any doubts.
Parker’s endorsement is important to McConnell's re-election bid because he faces a challenge from tea party candidate Matt Bevin in the GOP primary. The eventual Republican nominee will likely face Democratic front-runner Alison Lundergan Grimes in the general election.