Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri August 16, 2013
Louisville tea party leader endorses McConnell
A Louisville tea party leader has endorsed Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell for re-election next year. Marilyn Parker is a member of the Louisville metro council, and she says she has always supported McConnell and that she made today’s (Friday’s) formal public pronouncement to remove any doubts.
Parker’s endorsement is important to McConnell's re-election bid because he faces a challenge from tea party candidate Matt Bevin in the GOP primary. The eventual Republican nominee will likely face Democratic front-runner Alison Lundergan Grimes in the general election.