Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri August 16, 2013
Louisville tea party leader endorses McConnell
A Louisville tea party leader has endorsed Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell for re-election next year. Marilyn Parker is a member of the Louisville metro council, and she says she has always supported McConnell and that she made today’s (Friday’s) formal public pronouncement to remove any doubts.
Parker’s endorsement is important to McConnell's re-election bid because he faces a challenge from tea party candidate Matt Bevin in the GOP primary. The eventual Republican nominee will likely face Democratic front-runner Alison Lundergan Grimes in the general election.