Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri June 22, 2012
Louisville Homeless Veterans' Group Receives Housing Grant
Volunteers of America in Kentucky will soon have an extra $77,000 to help address the housing needs of Louisville-area veterans.
The Courier-Journal reports the Home Depot Foundation grant will improve transitional housing for homeless veterans at the agency's campus in Louisville. Agency officials say the housing needs new windows, which are in disrepair and not energy-efficient. The agency is making improvements on the 80,000-square-foot north wing of the building to provide a minimum of 10 transitional beds for homeless veterans.