Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Fri June 22, 2012
Louisville Homeless Veterans' Group Receives Housing Grant
Volunteers of America in Kentucky will soon have an extra $77,000 to help address the housing needs of Louisville-area veterans.
The Courier-Journal reports the Home Depot Foundation grant will improve transitional housing for homeless veterans at the agency's campus in Louisville. Agency officials say the housing needs new windows, which are in disrepair and not energy-efficient. The agency is making improvements on the 80,000-square-foot north wing of the building to provide a minimum of 10 transitional beds for homeless veterans.