Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri June 22, 2012
Louisville Homeless Veterans' Group Receives Housing Grant
Volunteers of America in Kentucky will soon have an extra $77,000 to help address the housing needs of Louisville-area veterans.
The Courier-Journal reports the Home Depot Foundation grant will improve transitional housing for homeless veterans at the agency's campus in Louisville. Agency officials say the housing needs new windows, which are in disrepair and not energy-efficient. The agency is making improvements on the 80,000-square-foot north wing of the building to provide a minimum of 10 transitional beds for homeless veterans.