Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Wed September 11, 2013
Longtime Bourbon Master Distiller Lincoln Henderson Dies at 75
Originally published on Thu September 12, 2013 8:52 am
One of the legends of Kentucky’s bourbon industry has died.
Longtime master distiller Lincoln Henderson died Tuesday at the age of 75.
Henderson spent 40 years as master distiller for Louisville-based Brown-Forman Corporation, helping develop brands such as Woodford Reserve and Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel.
Henderson came out of retirement in 2006 to start a new brand, Angel’s Envy, with his son and grandson.
The Hendersons announced in July that they would renovate the old Vermont American building on East Main Street in Louisville and make it the permanent home of the Angel’s Envy distillery.
The funeral for Lincoln Henderson will be held at 1:00pm Monday at Northeast Christian Church in Lexington. Visitation is from 3:00-5:00pm Sunday and 12:00-1:00pm Monday at the church.