Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed January 27, 2010
Lone Oak Re-Incorporation Meeting
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Former Lone Oak commissioner Roger Dew held a meeting yesterday on whether the city should re-incorporate as a larger one. Voters dissolved the city last November in a 75 to 64 vote. Dew says voters paid attention only to Loan Oak's higher property taxes and ignored many other benefits. The Paducah Sun reports the meeting didn't fair well with some attending, with nearly half of the 35 people there leaving before it was over.