Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed January 27, 2010
Lone Oak Re-Incorporation Meeting
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Former Lone Oak commissioner Roger Dew held a meeting yesterday on whether the city should re-incorporate as a larger one. Voters dissolved the city last November in a 75 to 64 vote. Dew says voters paid attention only to Loan Oak's higher property taxes and ignored many other benefits. The Paducah Sun reports the meeting didn't fair well with some attending, with nearly half of the 35 people there leaving before it was over.