Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon June 25, 2012
Lone Oak Fire Sends Man to Hospital
A fire in a Lone Oak apartment complex sent a man to the hospital Sunday and damaged several neighboring units.
McCracken County Sheriff’s Deputy Zane White tells The Paducah Sun emergency workers learned of the fire at about 4 p.m. in an area of connected single-story apartments off Lone Oak Road. Firefighters from Lone Oak, Hendron and Concord departments responded to the blaze, which was mainly contained in a corner apartment. The fire is believed to have started in that residence, though firefighters were unable to determine the exact cause. Lone Oak Fire Chief Larry Freeman says the apartment was nearly engulfed when firefighters arrived, though they were able to stop the flames from spreading through the rest of the building. Ben Hall Sr. was taken from that apartment and sent to Western Baptist Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. Hospital staff say Hall was treated and released from the hospital Sunday.