Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri October 31, 2008
Lone Oak Dissolve Vote
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – Lone Oak residents get the chance to decide whether they will stay a city. The Paducah Sun reports over half the town's 175 residents signed a petition asking the cityhood issue be put on the November 4th ballot. If the issue passes, Lone Oak city government would cease to exist in 30 days and all assets would be turned over to McCracken County. Property owners would still owe their 2008 city taxes, but the funds would go to the county. Supporters of the referendum say they receive limited services for the taxes charged. Members of the city commission say the city's most important service is their police department and residents would lose that protection if the city is dissolved.