Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue October 16, 2012
Local SCV Camp Hosts Cemetery Tour
Most of us have gone to the cemetery to visit family members, leave mementos on their graves, and maybe even say a few words. But it’s not often that they talk back. Next week, the Murray City Cemetery will come alive with re-enactors portraying some of the people buried there, and telling their stories. The event is sponsored by the Sons of Confederate Veterans Fort Heiman Camp.
Joining Angela Hatton to talk about this project to bring history to life are Camp Adjutant Johnny Young and camp member Barry Grogan.
The Ghost Walk and Historical Tour is October 27, starting at 7 p.m. at the Murray City Cemetery. The cost is $10 for adults, and free for children 12 and under.