Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue October 16, 2012
Local SCV Camp Hosts Cemetery Tour
Most of us have gone to the cemetery to visit family members, leave mementos on their graves, and maybe even say a few words. But it’s not often that they talk back. Next week, the Murray City Cemetery will come alive with re-enactors portraying some of the people buried there, and telling their stories. The event is sponsored by the Sons of Confederate Veterans Fort Heiman Camp.
Joining Angela Hatton to talk about this project to bring history to life are Camp Adjutant Johnny Young and camp member Barry Grogan.
The Ghost Walk and Historical Tour is October 27, starting at 7 p.m. at the Murray City Cemetery. The cost is $10 for adults, and free for children 12 and under.