Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue October 16, 2012
Local SCV Camp Hosts Cemetery Tour
Most of us have gone to the cemetery to visit family members, leave mementos on their graves, and maybe even say a few words. But it’s not often that they talk back. Next week, the Murray City Cemetery will come alive with re-enactors portraying some of the people buried there, and telling their stories. The event is sponsored by the Sons of Confederate Veterans Fort Heiman Camp.
Joining Angela Hatton to talk about this project to bring history to life are Camp Adjutant Johnny Young and camp member Barry Grogan.
The Ghost Walk and Historical Tour is October 27, starting at 7 p.m. at the Murray City Cemetery. The cost is $10 for adults, and free for children 12 and under.