Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon May 12, 2014
Local Schools Start K-PREP Testing This Week
This week, most school districts across our area administer the 2014 K-PREP standardized test.
The K-PREP stands for Kentucky Performance Rating for Educational Progress, and assess reading, mathematics, science and English skills for 3 - 8 grade students.State education officials use the results to measure public schools' performance rankings relative to other schools. The test was first introduced in the 2011-2012 school year.
The testing window opened April 15 and closes June 6, schools across the state are allowed to administer the test at their discretion so long as testing occurs 14 days before the last day of the week.
However, inclement weather forced many districts in our listening area to modify their last day calendars and postpone K-PREP testing until this week.
Schools testing this week include: Ballard, Calloway, Christian, Graves, Hopkins, McCracken, Trigg, and others.