Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed April 10, 2013
Local Schools Make National Performance List
Schools in Ballard, Caldwell, Calloway, Graves, Marshall and Muhlenburg Counties are on the 2012 National Center for Educational Achievement Higher Performing Schools List. The list recognizes schools that are raising student achievement levels more quickly than other schools with similar student populations.
NCEA Higher Performing Schools are schools excelling in performance and growth during the past three years. That means students experienced growth above predictions and the percentage of students meeting the state’s Distinguished level for the Kentucky Core Content Test. In all, some 136 schools across the state earned the distinction of Higher Performing School.