Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Wed April 10, 2013
Local Schools Make National Performance List
Schools in Ballard, Caldwell, Calloway, Graves, Marshall and Muhlenburg Counties are on the 2012 National Center for Educational Achievement Higher Performing Schools List. The list recognizes schools that are raising student achievement levels more quickly than other schools with similar student populations.
NCEA Higher Performing Schools are schools excelling in performance and growth during the past three years. That means students experienced growth above predictions and the percentage of students meeting the state’s Distinguished level for the Kentucky Core Content Test. In all, some 136 schools across the state earned the distinction of Higher Performing School.