Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri April 20, 2012
Local Reaction to Bridge Hearings
Testimony provided during the Coast Guard hearings on the crash that collapsed a portion of the Eggners Ferry Bridge has provided some answers for those who's livelihood depend on the bridge traffic. Some information shocked Aurora restaurant owner Bertha Wilson who attended hearings earlier in the week:
“I guess it’s just real disappointing to know there just wasn’t better facets in place to check these navigation lights and things like that, and I’m kind of focusing for that first day because that’s when I was there and hearing that. It’s hugely important like we know now.”
Yesterday, the Delta Mariner’s captain testified that he believed the improper navigational lighting ultimately caused the accident.