Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon July 13, 2009
Local Parks Receive Funding
By Carrie Pond
Earlington, KY – Two of our region's parks will receive $57,000 dollars in state funding for improvement projects. Christian County will receive 40 thousand dollars for the Ruff Park Improvement Project and the City of Earlington will use its 17 thousand dollar grant toward renovations to the city park. Governor Steve Beshear this morning announced the grants, made available through the Land and Water Conservation Fund. The LWCF is a grant matching reimbursement program for the development and maintenance of public outdoor recreation areas and facilities.