Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon July 13, 2009
Local Parks Receive Funding
By Carrie Pond
Earlington, KY – Two of our region's parks will receive $57,000 dollars in state funding for improvement projects. Christian County will receive 40 thousand dollars for the Ruff Park Improvement Project and the City of Earlington will use its 17 thousand dollar grant toward renovations to the city park. Governor Steve Beshear this morning announced the grants, made available through the Land and Water Conservation Fund. The LWCF is a grant matching reimbursement program for the development and maintenance of public outdoor recreation areas and facilities.