Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon July 13, 2009
Local Parks Receive Funding
By Carrie Pond
Earlington, KY – Two of our region's parks will receive $57,000 dollars in state funding for improvement projects. Christian County will receive 40 thousand dollars for the Ruff Park Improvement Project and the City of Earlington will use its 17 thousand dollar grant toward renovations to the city park. Governor Steve Beshear this morning announced the grants, made available through the Land and Water Conservation Fund. The LWCF is a grant matching reimbursement program for the development and maintenance of public outdoor recreation areas and facilities.