Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Fair Housing Luncheon
Thu April 12, 2012
Local Non-Profits Recognized for Service
Two local non-profit organizations received recognition during the 15th annual Fair Housing Luncheon in Paducah Wednesday. The Merryman House Domestic Crisis Center and Habitat for Humanity both received plaques for their efforts to provide housing for citizens in need. The Paducah Human Rights Commission and the City of Paducah hosted the event. The audience included legislators, police officers and non-profit managers, a mixture that impressed Merryman House Assistant Director Dawn York.
"It's remarkable to me to be able to come to an event like this and be able to see people from different systems within our city to come together and talk about something so impactful as fair housing."
During the event, the Paducah Human Rights Commission also recognized Mayor Bill Paxton for his efforts to provide fair housing in the area.