Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu February 7, 2013
Local Legislators Come to MSU for Pension Forum
Local state legislators join a pension expert for a roundtable discussion at Murray State University this Saturday. Keynote speaker Cameron Smith is the policy director for the Alabama Policy Institutes and co-authored the Alabama study on pensions.
Democratic state representatives Brent Yonts and John Tilley as well as Republicans Stan Humpries and Kenny Imes are on the panel. Imes says it’s important for both sides to get involved. Imes says,
“I mean, it’s a Democrat and a Republican… I think you will see a bipartisanship on trying to solve this. It’s just the approach, you know, we all need to take.”
The forum is open to the public and starts at 11 am at MSU’s Wrather Museum.