Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu February 7, 2013
Local Legislators Come to MSU for Pension Forum
Local state legislators join a pension expert for a roundtable discussion at Murray State University this Saturday. Keynote speaker Cameron Smith is the policy director for the Alabama Policy Institutes and co-authored the Alabama study on pensions.
Democratic state representatives Brent Yonts and John Tilley as well as Republicans Stan Humpries and Kenny Imes are on the panel. Imes says it’s important for both sides to get involved. Imes says,
“I mean, it’s a Democrat and a Republican… I think you will see a bipartisanship on trying to solve this. It’s just the approach, you know, we all need to take.”
The forum is open to the public and starts at 11 am at MSU’s Wrather Museum.