Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon September 13, 2010
Local Candidates Fixing Campaign Signs
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Some candidates running in McCracken County are scrambling to fix campaign signs. Signs for McCracken County Clerk write-in candidate Becky Bowers and Second District state Senate candidate Rex Smith do not comply with state election laws because they don't clearly identify who paid for them. The Paducah Sun reports signs for Clerk write-in candidate Mark Kidd and Clerk incumbent Jeff Jerrell were also out of compliance, but the candidates have added stickers including disclaimers. Bowers' signs listed her campaign's treasurer, but election officials say when disclaimers list only the treasurer; it remains unclear to voters who is responsible. If an investigation finds a candidate willfully violated the law, they could be removed from office.