Most Active Stories
- Murray State Ranked 9th Best Public University in the South
- MSU Faculty, Students Hold Second Demonstration to Address Issues of Racism
- Missing: Holly Bobo's Remains Found and Identified in Northwest TN
- CHART: Hopkins County School Board Boosts Property Taxes Among Highest County Districts in West KY
- VIDEO: First Round of Old Ledbetter Bridge Demolition Wraps Up
Tue October 29, 2013
Local Anti-Bullying Advocates Holding Google Hangout Today
The pair also co-wrote an op ed piece on bullying for the Huffington Post. That article was published on October 15.
When summing up their experience, Susan said:
“While we will never forget this painful experience, we will not let it define us. We are not victims. We are change agents. This unfortunate experience has now made us better people and, we hope, people who can make the world better for our child and other children around our community and our country.
The two started the Guess Anti-Bullying Foundation two years ago after Morgan experienced bullying. They have raised $30,000 and have brought national recognition to Paducah for their work. The brought Bully director Lee Hirsch to Paducah along with author Jodee Blanco. Blanco spoke to 6,000 kids in grades 4-12. They hosted the international Inside Out photo exhibit this summer by featuring 10 area girls who had experienced bullying. The Governor honored Morgan this summer with the Kentucky Youth Volunteer Service Award this summer for her work on the subject.