Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu March 26, 2009
Loans Assist KY Horse Farmers
By Carrie Pond
Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky Farm Service Agency is offering emergency loans of up to $500,000 for horse farmers who breed, raise and sell horses. Equine farmers who experienced physical loss of property during the 2008 drought or the 2009 ice storm are eligible to apply. Losses can include damage to buildings, fences, hay, or pastures. Horse owners solely involved in racing, showing, or other non-production pursuits are not eligible for assistance. The application deadline for drought damage is July 1. Those requesting assistance for January's ice storm have until late October to apply.