Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Tue October 8, 2013
Little Kentucky Smokehouse Doubles Size, Creates 18 Jobs
A Union County fresh meat company announced today that it is doubling the size of its operation, creating 18 new jobs.
Uniontown’s Little Kentucky Smokehouse opened in 2003 and is building a second 40,000 square-foot facility. Currently, the ham company employs 70 people and sells its meats across the country.
The Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority approved Little Kentucky Smokehouse for tax benefits up to 25,000 dollars through its Enterprise Initiative Act for the expansion.