Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue October 8, 2013
Little Kentucky Smokehouse Doubles Size, Creates 18 Jobs
A Union County fresh meat company announced today that it is doubling the size of its operation, creating 18 new jobs.
Uniontown’s Little Kentucky Smokehouse opened in 2003 and is building a second 40,000 square-foot facility. Currently, the ham company employs 70 people and sells its meats across the country.
The Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority approved Little Kentucky Smokehouse for tax benefits up to 25,000 dollars through its Enterprise Initiative Act for the expansion.