Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Tue October 8, 2013
Little Kentucky Smokehouse Doubles Size, Creates 18 Jobs
A Union County fresh meat company announced today that it is doubling the size of its operation, creating 18 new jobs.
Uniontown’s Little Kentucky Smokehouse opened in 2003 and is building a second 40,000 square-foot facility. Currently, the ham company employs 70 people and sells its meats across the country.
The Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority approved Little Kentucky Smokehouse for tax benefits up to 25,000 dollars through its Enterprise Initiative Act for the expansion.