Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue October 8, 2013
Little Kentucky Smokehouse Doubles Size, Creates 18 Jobs
A Union County fresh meat company announced today that it is doubling the size of its operation, creating 18 new jobs.
Uniontown’s Little Kentucky Smokehouse opened in 2003 and is building a second 40,000 square-foot facility. Currently, the ham company employs 70 people and sells its meats across the country.
The Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority approved Little Kentucky Smokehouse for tax benefits up to 25,000 dollars through its Enterprise Initiative Act for the expansion.