Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue October 8, 2013
Little Kentucky Smokehouse Doubles Size, Creates 18 Jobs
A Union County fresh meat company announced today that it is doubling the size of its operation, creating 18 new jobs.
Uniontown’s Little Kentucky Smokehouse opened in 2003 and is building a second 40,000 square-foot facility. Currently, the ham company employs 70 people and sells its meats across the country.
The Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority approved Little Kentucky Smokehouse for tax benefits up to 25,000 dollars through its Enterprise Initiative Act for the expansion.