Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon December 21, 2009
Lincoln Heritage Center Study
Frankfort, KY – The National Park Service says it will look into establishing a National Heritage Area in Kentucky associated with native son Abraham Lincoln. Senator Jim Bunning pushed congressional action to underwrite a feasibility study for the area. National heritage areas are locally managed areas designated by Congress. According to the Kentucky Historical Society, the sites in the proposed area include the Thomas D. Clark Center for Kentucky History, the Old State Capitol and the Kentucky Military History Museum at the Old State Arsenal. The study will take place during the next year. The findings will be sent to Congress and the secretary of the Interior.