Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue September 1, 2009
LIHEAP Assistance Applications
By Angela Hatton
Chicago, IL – Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says eligible families should apply early for winter heating bill assistance this year. Starting today, Illinois families can submit paperwork for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, a federally funded initiative. Kentucky Health and Family Services Spokesperson Anya [AN-yuh] Weber says residents in the Commonwealth can apply early, but says they won't receive any funding until the program kicks off in November. Officials are expecting a high volume of applicants due to the down economy.