Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue September 1, 2009
LIHEAP Assistance Applications
By Angela Hatton
Chicago, IL – Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says eligible families should apply early for winter heating bill assistance this year. Starting today, Illinois families can submit paperwork for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, a federally funded initiative. Kentucky Health and Family Services Spokesperson Anya [AN-yuh] Weber says residents in the Commonwealth can apply early, but says they won't receive any funding until the program kicks off in November. Officials are expecting a high volume of applicants due to the down economy.