Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue September 1, 2009
LIHEAP Assistance Applications
By Angela Hatton
Chicago, IL – Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says eligible families should apply early for winter heating bill assistance this year. Starting today, Illinois families can submit paperwork for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, a federally funded initiative. Kentucky Health and Family Services Spokesperson Anya [AN-yuh] Weber says residents in the Commonwealth can apply early, but says they won't receive any funding until the program kicks off in November. Officials are expecting a high volume of applicants due to the down economy.