Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue September 1, 2009
LIHEAP Assistance Applications
By Angela Hatton
Chicago, IL – Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says eligible families should apply early for winter heating bill assistance this year. Starting today, Illinois families can submit paperwork for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, a federally funded initiative. Kentucky Health and Family Services Spokesperson Anya [AN-yuh] Weber says residents in the Commonwealth can apply early, but says they won't receive any funding until the program kicks off in November. Officials are expecting a high volume of applicants due to the down economy.