Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue March 24, 2009
Library Request Taxing District
By Carrie Pond
Hopkinsville, KY – A Hopkinsville-Christian County Public Library official today asked the Fiscal Court create a taxing district to help fund operations. Board Chairperson Margaret MacDonald says demand of library services has increased, and without a tax the library will have to limit services. The Kentucky New Era reports the tax rate would cost the average household less than a dollar a week, but magistrates think it would face opposition during troubled economic times. This is the first time Hopkinsville-Christian County library officials have formally requested a taxing district.