Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue March 24, 2009
Library Request Taxing District
By Carrie Pond
Hopkinsville, KY – A Hopkinsville-Christian County Public Library official today asked the Fiscal Court create a taxing district to help fund operations. Board Chairperson Margaret MacDonald says demand of library services has increased, and without a tax the library will have to limit services. The Kentucky New Era reports the tax rate would cost the average household less than a dollar a week, but magistrates think it would face opposition during troubled economic times. This is the first time Hopkinsville-Christian County library officials have formally requested a taxing district.