Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue March 24, 2009
Library Request Taxing District
By Carrie Pond
Hopkinsville, KY – A Hopkinsville-Christian County Public Library official today asked the Fiscal Court create a taxing district to help fund operations. Board Chairperson Margaret MacDonald says demand of library services has increased, and without a tax the library will have to limit services. The Kentucky New Era reports the tax rate would cost the average household less than a dollar a week, but magistrates think it would face opposition during troubled economic times. This is the first time Hopkinsville-Christian County library officials have formally requested a taxing district.