Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Tue June 12, 2012
Libertarian PAC to Target Kentucky House Speaker Pro Tem
The leader of a political action committee that helped a Kentucky congressional candidate get a GOP nomination may now focus on ousting a state lawmaker.
Preston Bates is executive director of Liberty for All. He tells The Courier-Journal the group plans to target Democratic House Speaker Pro Tem Larry Clark this November. The PAC supports candidates who have libertarian views. It helped Thomas Massie secure a Republican nomination last month for the 4th District congressional seat. Bates says the move is politically motivated, but Clark says he thinks it is a "personal vendetta." Bates briefly interned in Clark's office in 2008, but the lawmaker fired him after a few weeks. Clark faces Republican Brian Simpson in November.