Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri April 12, 2013
Liberal PAC Leader a Witness in McConnell Probe
The attorney for the director of a liberal Kentucky political fundraising group says his client is cooperating with an FBI investigation into a secret recording of a campaign meeting held by U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell. That recording was leaked to Mother Jones magazine.
Ted Shouse represents Progress Kentucky Executive Director Shawn Reilly. Shouse says Reilly has met with U.S. attorneys looking into the tape. McConnell asked the FBI to investigate after Mother Jones published an article this week detailing discussions between the senator’s aides of opposition research into potential Democratic challengers, including actress Ashley Judd. Shouse says Reilly didn't record anyone but has provided evidence to the FBI. The U.S. attorney's office in Louisville has declined comment.