Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri April 12, 2013
Liberal PAC Leader a Witness in McConnell Probe
The attorney for the director of a liberal Kentucky political fundraising group says his client is cooperating with an FBI investigation into a secret recording of a campaign meeting held by U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell. That recording was leaked to Mother Jones magazine.
Ted Shouse represents Progress Kentucky Executive Director Shawn Reilly. Shouse says Reilly has met with U.S. attorneys looking into the tape. McConnell asked the FBI to investigate after Mother Jones published an article this week detailing discussions between the senator’s aides of opposition research into potential Democratic challengers, including actress Ashley Judd. Shouse says Reilly didn't record anyone but has provided evidence to the FBI. The U.S. attorney's office in Louisville has declined comment.