Most Active Stories
- Woman's Body Found Near Abandoned Vehicle in Calloway County
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Mon April 16, 2007
Letters from Iwo Jima
By Chad Lampe
Murray, KY – More than sixty years ago, Japanese and American forces met on the island of Iwo Jima. This battle claimed the lives of more than 20,000 Japanese forces. The film "Letters from Iwo Jima" produced and directed by Clint Eastwood received an academy award for best sound editing, along with a Golden Globe for best foreign language film.
Chad Lampe recently spoke with movie critic, and booking agent for the Maiden Alley Cinema in Paducah, Larry Thomas about the film.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Lampe's interview with Thomas about "Letters from Iwo Jima."
For more information on ratings and show times, visit Maiden Alley Cinema's website, www.maidenalleycinema.com.