Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Mon April 16, 2007
Letters from Iwo Jima
By Chad Lampe
Murray, KY – More than sixty years ago, Japanese and American forces met on the island of Iwo Jima. This battle claimed the lives of more than 20,000 Japanese forces. The film "Letters from Iwo Jima" produced and directed by Clint Eastwood received an academy award for best sound editing, along with a Golden Globe for best foreign language film.
Chad Lampe recently spoke with movie critic, and booking agent for the Maiden Alley Cinema in Paducah, Larry Thomas about the film.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Lampe's interview with Thomas about "Letters from Iwo Jima."
For more information on ratings and show times, visit Maiden Alley Cinema's website, www.maidenalleycinema.com.