Most Active Stories
- Significant Accumulations of Snow and Ice Today, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Tue September 10, 2013
Legislative Ethics Commission Considers Sexual Harassment Training
The Legislative Ethics Commission will consider bringing in an expert on sexual harassment to train Kentucky lawmakers. The commission has discussed a request from House lawmakers to include sexual harassment as part of annual ethics training provided to lawmakers.
Panel members say they have plenty of time to decide on the request before the next training session slated for January.
The House passed a resolution last month requesting the training after two legislative staffers accused Union County Rep. John Arnold of sexual harassment. A special legislative committee has been appointed to investigate those complaints.