Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon October 25, 2010
Leeper, Smith Differ on Ads
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – Independent 2nd District State Senator Bob Leeper is criticizing what he calls the negative tone of campaign ads released by his chief opponent, Democrat Rex Smith. Leeper told reporters last week saying information in the ads is misleading and inaccurate about his votes on legislative pensions, the legislature's failure to pass a budget in this year's regular session and his view on accepting special-interest campaign contributions.
According to the Paducah Sun, Smith says news stories and the legislative record support the information in his ads. He says the disagreement is most likely in the interpretation of the information. Smith also said he has run an issue-oriented campaign talking about the need for job creation, improvements in education and the modernization of the state tax laws.