Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Infrastucture and Highways
Mon January 7, 2013
Ledbetter Bridge Open Again After Tow Boat Collision
The U.S. 60 Ledbetter Bridge is open again after a tow boat struck one of the bridge’s piers Monday afternoon.
Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd says highway engineers were working nearby and responded to the incident immediately. Todd says after an initial inspection that halted traffic for around 15 minutes, the engineers conducted a more detailed inspection beneath the bridge.
The Ledbetter bridge is more than 80 years old and carriers nearly 8,000 vehicles per day. The bridge is currently limited to a three ton load limit, while a new bridge is constructed nearby.
Roads & Highways