Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Infrastucture and Highways
Mon January 7, 2013
Ledbetter Bridge Open Again After Tow Boat Collision
The U.S. 60 Ledbetter Bridge is open again after a tow boat struck one of the bridge’s piers Monday afternoon.
Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd says highway engineers were working nearby and responded to the incident immediately. Todd says after an initial inspection that halted traffic for around 15 minutes, the engineers conducted a more detailed inspection beneath the bridge.
The Ledbetter bridge is more than 80 years old and carriers nearly 8,000 vehicles per day. The bridge is currently limited to a three ton load limit, while a new bridge is constructed nearby.
Roads & Highways