Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue March 25, 2014
Learning and Volunteering Opportunities at MSU Women's Center
This month, the Murray State Women's Center seeks items for their adopted agency, Needline. They're also hosting a Celebrate Women Luncheon in the MSU Women's Center, with door prizes and more. The Director of Murray State's Women's Center Abigail French visits Sounds Good to talk about its learning and volunteering opportunities.
"The Women's Center really works to establish a working relationship between men and women to address some of the problems that typically women will face, whether it be in the workplace, in their personal lives. But we really work to include men and to create collaborative relationships where men and women are working together to create equality, to create healthy relationships, to create healthy working environments."
Items for Needline include detergent and dishwashing soap, disposable razors, personal hygiene items and canned food. To give, drop off at C103 in the Applied Science Building on Murray State's campus, or call 270-809-3016.
The Luncheon is Thursday, March 27 from 12:15 pm to 1:15 pm on the 3rd floor ballroom in the Curris Center. To register, call the center or visit murraystate.edu/celebratewomen.