Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed March 5, 2014
LBL Will Not Reopen Thursday Due to Ice, Road Travel Discouraged
Offices and facilities at Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area will not re-open Thursday as initially planned.
Staff have been working to clear layers of ice from LBL roads and parking lots in preparation for the return of visitors, but Area Supervisor Tina Tilley says the roads remain too slick for driving.
“We may not open facilities to the public this week,” said Tilley. “Woodlands Trace has not been treated at all, and roads leading into the facilities, as well as the parking areas, remain ice covered. Our staff is trying to clear access to these areas. As road conditions improve, we will post an update on our website about LBL facilities opening status.”
The Turkey Bay Off-Highway Vehicle Area also remains closed due to extremely saturated soil conditions. The loose soil has also contributed to several downed tree limbs across roadways.
Travelers are advised to use extreme caution when driving through the area and to forgo unnecessary travel until temperatures stay above freezing.