Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed March 5, 2014
LBL Will Not Reopen Thursday Due to Ice, Road Travel Discouraged
Offices and facilities at Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area will not re-open Thursday as initially planned.
Staff have been working to clear layers of ice from LBL roads and parking lots in preparation for the return of visitors, but Area Supervisor Tina Tilley says the roads remain too slick for driving.
“We may not open facilities to the public this week,” said Tilley. “Woodlands Trace has not been treated at all, and roads leading into the facilities, as well as the parking areas, remain ice covered. Our staff is trying to clear access to these areas. As road conditions improve, we will post an update on our website about LBL facilities opening status.”
The Turkey Bay Off-Highway Vehicle Area also remains closed due to extremely saturated soil conditions. The loose soil has also contributed to several downed tree limbs across roadways.
Travelers are advised to use extreme caution when driving through the area and to forgo unnecessary travel until temperatures stay above freezing.