Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Wed December 26, 2012
LBL to see $1 million budget cut
The Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area will have to cut a million dollars from its annual operating budget following across-the-board budget reductions for all national parks. LBL Area Supervisor Bill Lisowsky says this means some smaller roads along with Jones Creek and Rushing Creek campgrounds will be closed.
The two campgrounds will be allowed to return to their natural state, and will only be available by foot for day use. Any road closures won’t affect primary paved roads, only unpaved ones which may duplicate access to park locations. Hours and fees will also change at some of the park's most visited attractions beginning in March, but Lisowsky says there aren’t any plans to increase fees for basic campgrounds without utilities. You can find a full list of the upcoming changes here and here.