Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon November 2, 2009
LBL Reviewing Proposals
By Chris Taylor
Golden Pond, KY – After reviewing months of study of ice storm damage, managers at Land Between the Lakes are dividing the area into compartments and prioritizing the heavily visited and most-used sites for recovery projects. Less than a third of LBL's total acreage will be addressed. Trent Girard of the US Forest Service says proposals range from mechanized removal of downed branches, hanging limbs, and fallen trees to controlled burns of understory growth. According to the Paducah Sun, the collected debris could even be used at proposed biomass fuel plants in Lyon and Trigg counties.