Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Thu October 17, 2013
LBL to Reopen Friday after 2-Week Shutdown
Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area will re-open Friday afternoon, after a 16-day shutdown that closed the park and furloughed employees.
Public Affairs Specialist Denise Schmittou says the delay in opening allows park employees the opportunity to check facilities along the 170,000-acre site.
Schmittou says LBL is currently accepting camping reservations online at LBL.org and phone lines will re-open later today. Reservation reimbursements will be determined next week.