Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu October 17, 2013
LBL to Reopen Friday after 2-Week Shutdown
Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area will re-open Friday afternoon, after a 16-day shutdown that closed the park and furloughed employees.
Public Affairs Specialist Denise Schmittou says the delay in opening allows park employees the opportunity to check facilities along the 170,000-acre site.
Schmittou says LBL is currently accepting camping reservations online at LBL.org and phone lines will re-open later today. Reservation reimbursements will be determined next week.