Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri March 6, 2009
LBL to Receive Economic Recovery Funds
By Carrie Pond
Golden Pond, KY – The U.S. Forest Service will include three Kentucky projects in its national plan for the economic recovery program, including two in the Land between the Lakes National Recreation Area. LBL will receive 2 and a half million dollars toward road and facility projects. Both projects hope to address the severe damage LBL sustained during the recent ice storm. The Forest Service estimates these projects will create at least 34 new jobs in the region.