Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu November 7, 2013
LBL Planetarium on How to Best View the Night Sky
An advantage of our beautiful rural region is the limited brightness factor, so the night sky is far more enjoyable around here than in urban areas. LBL's Golden Pond Planetarium Manager Ross Workman describes the pleasure of viewing with Kate Lochte. West Kentucky Amateur Astronomers gather at the Golden Pond Observatory in Land Between the Lakes for an educational program about choosing and using binoculars and telescopes this Saturday, after the 5:30 pm Planetarium Show.
Ross Workman is Lead Interpreter and Planetarium Manager for LBL's Golden Pond Planetarium. The program on choosing and using binoculars and telescopes is free. It follows the 5:30 show, for which there is an admission charge.