Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Fri March 13, 2009
LBL Officials Set Early April Full Restoration Goal
By Carrie Pond
Golden Pond, KY – Work crews and employees at Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area are still working to open recreation areas and roads damaged by the ice storm, and officials open to be fully operational in early April. Spokesperson Denise Smittou (shmi-TOH) says the Nature Station, Hillman Ferry and Energy Lake Campgrounds are scheduled to re-open April 1. She says attractions normally open at the beginning of March, but delays on the Kentucky side have caused a drop in visitors. Smittou says the winter is typically an off-season for the park anyway, and she expects numbers to increase once the park is fully operational.