Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Wed May 23, 2012
LBL officials review public comment for cost cutting measures
Land Between the Lakes officials are compiling all the budget reduction suggestions from their recent public meetings and online survey over the next few weeks.
LBL management has sought ideas from the public to close a $750 thousand dollar deficit from maintenance budget cuts. LBL Public Affairs Specialist Nicole Hawk says the ideas they receive now will also help them in the future.
“We wanted to do the legwork now," said Hawk. "That way in two or three years if we have to make any decisions we already have some of the information available and we have public input and we have staff input and that way we’re not scrambling at the last minute to respond if there are any additional budget cuts.”
Hawk says the review of the comments for this phase will take until about the middle of June, then implementation would start around the beginning of August.