Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Wed May 23, 2012
LBL officials review public comment for cost cutting measures
Land Between the Lakes officials are compiling all the budget reduction suggestions from their recent public meetings and online survey over the next few weeks.
LBL management has sought ideas from the public to close a $750 thousand dollar deficit from maintenance budget cuts. LBL Public Affairs Specialist Nicole Hawk says the ideas they receive now will also help them in the future.
“We wanted to do the legwork now," said Hawk. "That way in two or three years if we have to make any decisions we already have some of the information available and we have public input and we have staff input and that way we’re not scrambling at the last minute to respond if there are any additional budget cuts.”
Hawk says the review of the comments for this phase will take until about the middle of June, then implementation would start around the beginning of August.