Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Mon January 27, 2014
LBL Offers Educational Grants
Public school districts within 100 miles of Land Between The Lakes are eligible to apply for field trip grants for the 2014-2015 school year.
Land Between The Lakes says its programs are designed to support Kentucky and Tennessee K-12 curriculum guidelines for science, social studies, and arts and humanities.
The deadline to apply is April 30, and awards will be posted by June 30. Grants help cover costs for transportation, facility admission, program costs and dorm rental.
The amount awarded is based on a school's matching funds, number of students, income level of families in the school based on free and reduced lunch percentage and programs the school plans to participate in.
For more information, visit friendsoflbl.dotorg.