Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Land Between the Lakes
Sun July 15, 2012
LBL Offering Public Final Chance to Comment on Changes Coming to Park After Budget Cuts
In April Land Between the Lakes officials announced the park’s federal maintenance budget had been reduced by 50 percent. The total loss amounted to about $800,000 for the park. Over the past few months, we’ve been following the efforts of local Forest Service officials as they try to determine how best to deal with the cuts. The process involved seeking public input at several meetings around the park, as well as an online questionnaire. Now, the public has a final chance to give their input to park administrators before they make the final decision on changes in August. Shelly Baskin spoke with LBL Customer Service Manager Brian Beisel about what the results of the public surveys were, and what the future looks like for LBL…