Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue June 9, 2009
LBL law to stay the same
By Caleb Campbell
Golden Pond, KY – A new federal law allowing guns in national parks outside of hunting seasons will not affect Land Between the Lakes. The law allows people to carry loaded weapons in the country's 391 national parks and 550 wildlife refuges. The USDA Forest Service manages Land Between the Lakes not the U.S. Department of the Interior, which implements the law. Visitors of LBL will still have to follow its current policies which require ammunition to be carried separately from a weapon, only regulated during hunting seasons.