Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri April 4, 2014
LBL Closes Fenton Campground Indefinitely Due to Weather Concerns
Land Between The Lakes has closed Fenton Campground for camping indefinitely due to damage from ongoing severe weather.
LBL Recreation Program Manager Gary Hawkins said flooding caused the shutdown.
“The large amount of fast moving rain water being funneled down into Fenton has overwhelmed our bridges, streams, and some campsites at Fenton,” Hawkins said. “This last storm made Fenton unsafe for campers.”
All campers have evacuated the area.
Fenton boat ramp, fishing access, pavilion and trailhead for the Central Hardwoods Scenic Trail will remain open as well as six campgrounds and 12 backcountry camping areas.
For more information on the closures, visit LBL’s official website at http://lbl.org or call at 800-LBL-7077 or 270-924-2000.