Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri April 4, 2014
LBL Closes Fenton Campground Indefinitely Due to Weather Concerns
Land Between The Lakes has closed Fenton Campground for camping indefinitely due to damage from ongoing severe weather.
LBL Recreation Program Manager Gary Hawkins said flooding caused the shutdown.
“The large amount of fast moving rain water being funneled down into Fenton has overwhelmed our bridges, streams, and some campsites at Fenton,” Hawkins said. “This last storm made Fenton unsafe for campers.”
All campers have evacuated the area.
Fenton boat ramp, fishing access, pavilion and trailhead for the Central Hardwoods Scenic Trail will remain open as well as six campgrounds and 12 backcountry camping areas.
For more information on the closures, visit LBL’s official website at http://lbl.org or call at 800-LBL-7077 or 270-924-2000.