Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Fri April 4, 2014
LBL Closes Fenton Campground Indefinitely Due to Weather Concerns
Land Between The Lakes has closed Fenton Campground for camping indefinitely due to damage from ongoing severe weather.
LBL Recreation Program Manager Gary Hawkins said flooding caused the shutdown.
“The large amount of fast moving rain water being funneled down into Fenton has overwhelmed our bridges, streams, and some campsites at Fenton,” Hawkins said. “This last storm made Fenton unsafe for campers.”
All campers have evacuated the area.
Fenton boat ramp, fishing access, pavilion and trailhead for the Central Hardwoods Scenic Trail will remain open as well as six campgrounds and 12 backcountry camping areas.
For more information on the closures, visit LBL’s official website at http://lbl.org or call at 800-LBL-7077 or 270-924-2000.