Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Tue July 14, 2009
LBL Bridge Designs Unveiled
By Angela Hatton
Cadiz, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear today unveiled the design for two long-planned bridges in Land Between the Lakes. The new Kentucky and Barkley Lakes bridges will cost an estimated 178 million-dollars. The new four lane bridges will also include a sidewalk and bike path. Officials are set to begin work in 2011. These bridges replace the current structures which are nearly eighty years old. The entire US 68 corridor reconstruction, including the bridges project, is expected to be complete by late 2017.