Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Land Between the Lakes
Fri April 13, 2012
LBL Area Supervisor Bill Lisowski Discusses Budget Cuts at the Park
The Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area could see a change in services in the coming months as federal maintenance funds for the park are cut in half. At a public meeting last night, Forest Service officials met with area residents to determine what park users don't want to lose... and what they can live without. LBL Area Supervisor Bill Lisowski says the cuts were made to the park maintenance account. Lisowski says the maintenance fund covers everything in the park from roadwork to campsite upkeep. He says the public meetings will help LBL officials decide where to increase fees and reduce services over the next few years. The second of the four meetings will be at Historic Cherokee at Kenlake State Resort Park Saturday afternoon from 12 to 2.